Sunday, March 25, 2012

Vimeo FTW!

Oh Vimeo, why did I not find you sooner. 


Over spring break I recently discovered a new website and I cant stop watching. For those of you who don't know, Vimeo is a respectful community of creative people who are passionate about sharing the videos they create. Think of it as the artsy version of Youtube. You wont find internet classics like Chocolate Rain or Nyan Cat but instead films that you would probably see at a film festival, technology convention or college. For me it was somewhat of a fresh breathe of air to see a new social video website that offers something more. 


Now I know what you are asking, why are you posting this on your blog meant for photography? Well prepare to be fed baby birds. Vimeo offers "How to" and "DIY" videos for photography as well as unveilings for new camera equipment/accessories. Photography is a very hands-on medium so what better way to learn new tricks of the trade than to watch professionals perform their tricks in the field. I have definitely found some interesting new ideas that I want implement on future photo shoots.


Well DoF didn't have any major photo shoots this past weekend due to a big tornado scare so I leave you with this cool shot of one of my lenses that I took a few days ago. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment