Sunday, February 26, 2012

Newborn Photography

Hello once again. My sister had her baby last week so I got to test out the waters on newborn photography. In recent years, taking pictures of newborns have been a growing trend. Perhaps with the availability of digital cameras nowadays it has become easier for new parents to go shutter crazy with their bundle of joy. Either way it doesn't look like its going anywhere anytime soon so lets have fun with it.When photographing my nephew I learned that my macro lens with the AV (appeture priority) setting were going to be my best friend. The lens is shallow which gives a billowy soft edge to the baby's surroundings. Some may prefer a less shallow depth of field but for me it sets the perfect mood. As for lighting I stuck to using natural light. Newborns cant be around flash photography so I took the majority of the photos next to an opened windows. Once I got everything set a ready for shooting I came across the hardest obstacle to maneuver around, timing. After trial and error I found that the best time to take my photos was right after the baby was fed.
I think the end result came out pretty good and I have learned a lot for next time. Practice makes perfect. Let me know what you think of this weeks photos.


No comments:

Post a Comment